Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A day of activity.

 
After a hectic morning of chores, I had to go and post some letters after lunch, so decided to go for a walk as well. At least it was dry, but the wind was bitterly cold. Very strange sky in this direction.... but..... turn around ..... and......
 
 
Blue sky...... ;o)
 
 
Had a another look at the number of road signs that are now gracing the road closed.... they seem to be multiplying by the day.  When I got back home I headed for the studio, feeling rather cold and windswept.
 
 
 
Some of my Internet buddies and I are trying to do drawing more frequently and trying out different techniques. Just for fun. Here I tried some drawing by touching objects ( hidden under a cloth) and making graphite drawings..... it was great fun. I have isolated some areas of the drawing that I like and may translate into textiles.

 
I have also been making a mouse for GWE's next Lydiard Exhibition which is April - June 2014. The mouse is nearly finished and I will post more photos when I have put in the finishing stitches .
 
 
 
I also put a few more stitches into some abstract work that has been pre-occupying my thoughts and sketches, and my studio walls since the autumn. It felt good to get into the studio today and complete some unfinished pieces of work... and of course sketch.

2 comments:

Charlton Stitcher said...

I love that abstract - lots of lovely texture.

Digitalgran said...

I think I need to do something like that with my sketches maggie.