Translate

Monday, February 03, 2014

Drawing - food for the soul?

 
My car was parked when I took this photo through the windscreen, I wish I had taken my sketchbook and drawn the wonderful image I had in front of me.
 
I had just attended a meeting at the Marlborough Embroiderers Guild. The talk was by Amanda Hislop, absolutely brilliant,  such an inspiration to get drawing into sketchbooks.
 
 I did a workshop a few years ago with Amanda and amazingly I blogged about it too... have a look here. I wonder if my photo today was inspired by the work I had just seen at the meeting? 
 
 
 
Amanda very generously allowed me to take a photo of her, but was not keen on me recording her work, so I will not share any photos here, however she  had a wonderful booklet for sale showing her work, and if you would like to see some of her work ----her website is here.
 
At present she is working on her Prism exhibition work, the annual exhibition which takes place at the Mall Galleries in May. The exhibition is called coded: decoded. details here. We had a sneaky review of her ideas.. its going to be really exciting.
 
I came away from the meeting very inspired.... I have a free morning tomorrow... just hope the inspiration lasts and I can get into the studio.



No comments: